Here is a link to an amazing cooking website – Pioneer Woman Cooks. Pepitas are toasted pumpkin seeds – so don’t throw those pumpkin guts away – make pepitas.
Monthly Archives: October 2008
One more fun zoo thing
While looking at my zoo pictures I ran across this video of the Galapagos Turtle moving around. What a strange prehistoric looking creature. You gotta listen to Drew’s song in the background. It goes something like this “turtle, t -t-t-t turtle I love you so much I want to marry you”
A few more pictures
On our way home from the beach a few weeks ago we stopped at Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC. It’s a great zoo. I probably like the NC Zoo in Asheboro better but it is SO huge that it is hard for little ones. Riverbanks is great for small kids and it doesn’t take all day to see it.
Drink Coffee Do Good
1. My two little ninjas that have been playing in the fall air today and somehow brought a dead tree from the woods into my garage.
2. That Emma is doing great in school and really likes it. She is becoming so responsible and motivated.
3. All the people that have sponsored me for Race for the Cure – thanks!!
4. Getting together with some awesome ladies this week to talk about children’s ministry.
5. Moving into our new facility – I’ll have to post some pictures soon. Greater things are still to be done in this city . . .
6. Even though I hate to see summer go – the leaves are beautiful.
7. A great time at the trail with Mike last night – jogging in the cool air is a little hard on the lungs but my ankle didn’t hurt – yeah!
8. Pumpkin Spice Latte’s from Cones and Coffee – maybe we don’t need a Starbuck’s in Galax after all.