Holly did this over on her blog and thought it looked fun. If you blog – do the same – it’s fun reading about each other. I think I might do one for everyone if my family.
1. My favorite place in the whole world is the beach! I love the warm temperatures, the breeze off the ocean, the sand, the salt water, everything about it. I have only visited the North Carolina and South Carolina beaches. Been to Virginia Beach a couple of times to visit family and friends but didn’t go to the beach while I was there. My favorite is probably Isle of Palms, SC. I think God lives there – it’s beautiful.
2. I taught Home Economics (food service and nutrition) at Grayson County High School for about 2 months. Liked the students – hated the class. I came into the job without any resources and very little experience in the food service part. My degree from VT was very broad and I didn’t even know how to operate the equipment in the industrial kitchen. Guess my heart just wasn’t in it. I was only 23 and didn’t have a clue what I was doing. Turning in that resignation was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
3. We lived in Winston Salem, NC for a year after we got married. Wonderful city – still go about 2 or 3 times a month to shop. We were members at Calvary Baptist Church – amazing church – we learned so much while we were there. It is an example of how a church that is 50 years old can keep growing, keep being relevant and keep reaching people for Jesus.
4. Our kids are home educated. I don’t blog about it a lot. Not sure why – I love my kids and am passionate about them but not really about home education. It works for us right now and I wouldn’t trade the time I spend with my kids for anything. You won’t find any militant home schooling opinions here.
5. We live in a small town but I have always thought I would like to move to a bigger place. Everytime we visit somewhere I am forever saying – ” I would like to live here”. I guess I think the grass is greener on the other side. There are some wonderful things about living in a small town. It is an awesome place to raise a family and close enough to Winston or Charlotte to visit often. Could we just get a Starbucks?
6. My favorite food is Mexican. Pretty much anything Mexican. Chipotle has the best guacamole in the world. Wish we had one here but we do have a great local mexican resteraunt in Galax, El Parian, that is almost as good. They have great food and great service and it’s always super fast.
7. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. We are going on 13 years of wedded bliss and it has been a great ride. I can honestly say I have never regretted marrying my high school boyfriend for a minute. He’s not perfect and neither is our marriage but God has blessed us beyond what we deserve. Can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with him!